While chemical peels are highly recommended for exfoliation and for treating multiple chronic skin conditions, the level of discomfort that can be caused by stronger peels often makes patients nervous. But the Vi Peel gently and comfortably creates radiant results for all skin types.
Most chemical peels typically consist of one major ingredient; the Vi Peel is the first of its kind with five different acids combined in a synergistic blend. These ingredients create the results of a deep skin peel with no pain and dramatic results.
The blends of five acids used in Vi Peels are:
- Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) – Often used by itself in chemical peels, this acid deeply penetrates the surface of the skin and stimulates the growth of new collagen.
- Retin-A – Derived from Vitamin A, this acid is primarily used to combat wrinkles
- Salicylic Acid – This acid is most commonly used as a skin exfoliant
- Phenol – With antiseptic and anesthetic properties, this acid aids in skin penetration
- Vitamin C – An essential nutrient for skin, Vitamin C has antioxidant and exfoliating properties
In addition to restoring a youthful glow and healthy appearance, the Vi Peel® has several benefits, such as:
- It is safe for all skin types and ethnicities
- Unlike other deep peels, the Vi Peel requires no downtime. The actual peeling process may last a few days, but is easily managed with a simple aftercare routine.
- This peel is pain-free, with most patients reporting a warm, tingling sensation during treatment
- Results are visible after about one week
- The Vi Peel can be used in sensitive areas such as the eyes, hands, neck and chest
Additionally, the Vi Peel also stimulates the production of collagen and elastin – the proteins in your skin responsible for structure and elasticity – to continue improving your skin over time.
Recovery time is also quick; For about one week after treatment, prolonged exposure to the sun should be avoided and sunscreen should be worn at all times. Exfoliating products should also not be used during this time, as your new skin surface is very vulnerable. Your skin care professional will advise you on how to best maintain your results after treatment.
Why not try it to today, or at least find out more information and begin to see a better you!