Do you like to wear skirts or short shorts but are embarrassed by Spider veins?
No need to fret, there is an easy solution that will help change your gams from ugly to beautiful.
Before you know it, you’ll be sporting a mini skirt and feeling more confident than ever thanks to what is known as a Spider vein treatment.
A Spider vein treatment is also known as Sclerotherapy or laser vein treatment.
What are Spider veins? First, they should not to be confused with varicose veins, as they are dilated or stretched blood vessels that have a branching pattern. These unsightly veins are commonly found on the thigh, lower leg and sometimes believe it or not, on the face.
Spider veins are progressive in nature and usually increase in number and visibility as we age.
Sclerotherapy and laser vein treatments are used to treat these vessels, erasing them from your skin.
Who is eligible?
Some of the best candidates for Sclerotherapy are those who have visible veins on their legs or thighs that have a branching or web-like pattern, or if you have a pattern of branching vein on your face that you try to conceal.
Also, if you feel that your Spider veins are a sign of aging that you would like to eliminate Sclerotherapy might be for you.
According to the experts there are some pros and cons that you might want to consider before having Sclerotherapy. Always check with a medical professional before you partake in any medical procedure.
- Sclerotherapy and laser therapy are safe, time-proven procedures that cause little, if any discomfort.
- These therapies provide an overall improvement in the appearance of Spider veins.
- There is no downtime. Patients can immediately resume work and almost all normal activities.
- Multiple treatments are usually necessary to remove the veins.
- Patients may be asked initially to wear support stockings to help keep treated veins closed and to reduce bruising.
- Bruising, color changes and small areas of scarring may occur where Sclerotherapy or laser treatment has been performed.
If you’re tired of looking at your Spider veins, it might be time to do something about them.