WHAT IS PERMANENT MAKE-UP?
Permanent Makeup is cosmetic tattooing inserted under the dermal layer of the skin by a machine. It’s done through a process called micropigmentation, where a tattoo pen is used to inject permanent ink into the skin. This procedure produces designs that resembles makeup in areas such as eyebrows, eyeliner, and even lips! Also, it helps with the restoration of the areola after breast surgery. Permanent makeup will most benefit those who desire to wake up with makeup.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
Depending on which area is getting the procedure done you may experience different effects. For the first couple of days the tattoo will appear darker and bold than what the results will be. The area treated may get swollen, some areas can get more swollen than others depending which area the procedure was for. Eventually the skin will start flaking and the tattoo would seem faded this is normal, the pigment will re-emerge.
WHICH AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
- Eyeliner top and bottom
Note that, not all clients are eligible for the treatment. We suggest to schedule a consultation before starting with the treatment. As a general recommendation, the below patients are not eligible for the procedure:
- Women who are breastfeeding.
- Clients who are keloid prone.
- Clients who are currently using Accutane.
- Clients who are currently receiving chemotherapy.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE TREATMENT?
- Avoid drinking coffee, energizing drinks, or alcohol on the day of
- Avoid taking any blood thinners, Aspirin, Ibuprofen at least 24 hours before treatment.
- Avoid any intense face treatments such as lasers, chemical peels, or injectables at least 2 weeks prior.
- Any eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done no sooner than 48 hours before.
- Any tweezing or waxing should be done at least 4 days prior.
- If getting eyeliner done avoid wearing mascara or contact lenses
- Avoid any type of moisture such as sweaty workouts, rinsing your face, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi.
- Stay away from excessive sun exposure, tanning.
- Avoid scratching or picking at the area treated.
- No makeup is to be applied for 72 hours after the procedure on the tattoo area.
- For eyeliner procedure, use new mascara for the first 10 days after the 3 days of no makeup. Do not use an eyelash curler for two weeks.
- Use a good sunscreen daily if areas treated will be exposed to the sun (even lips require protection).