WHAT IS RADIESSE?
DermaFashion Medical Spa is excited to announce the launch of Radiesse, the natural- looking dermal filler line that smooths moderate to severe wrinkles, such as the nasolabial folds in the face- the creases that extend from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth. We have now added this product to our list of injectables, and our patients are now able to come in and receive their Radiesse fillers!
HOW DOES RADIESSE WORK?
Unlike Juvederm and Restylane’s Hyaluronic Acid base, Radiesse is made up of tiny calcium-based microspheres in a water-based gel. These calcium spheres are exactly like naturally- occurring mineral compounds found in the body’s composition. Over time, the body absorbs the microspheres and gel, leaving behind only natural collagen. Subsequently, this dermal filler has truly shown that it stimulates collagen growth, rather than simply ‘plumping the pout’ temporarily and then sadly deflating.
WHERE CAN RADIESSE BE INJECTED?
Radiesse was recently FDA approved for treatment on the hands to correct volume loss and the need for overall rejuvenation of the area! After all, the hands do not lie. They tend to give away nerves, dry skin, age- you name it. Let Radiesse rejuvenate, refresh and replenish your hands, too!
Radiesse can be injected in the following locations:
- Smile lines: also called the nasolabial folds, are the lines that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines: the lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Corners of the mouth: also called the oral commissure, if these are turned downward it can make you look as though you’re frowning
- Pre-jowl fold: the area on either side of the chin, where skin can sag due to loss of facial volume
- Chin wrinkles: horizontal lines that can form on your chin and distract from your smile
- Hands: on most qualifying patients